From Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>
Subject Re: CFP Open for ApacheCon North America 2013
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 20:38:00 GMT
Andrea:

Thanks for your input!

I'll be sending out a notification next week that the CfP will remain open until November
12, to accommodate ACEU enthusiasms and allow us to encourage more submissions.

regards
 Steve

On Oct 18, 2012, at 3:52 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> On 13/10/2012 Nick Burch wrote:
>> While registration for ACNA 2013 isn't open yet (early bird starts on
>> the 1st of November), the Call for Papers is! The Call For Papers is
>> open until the 5th of November, the first day of ACEU
>
> Any reasons not to postpone this until the week after ApacheCon EU, say November 15th
or so? For quite a few people ApacheCon EU will be the first ApacheCon, and if some ideas
sparkle from conversations there it would be a pity that they can't be turned into talk proposals
for ACNA 2013.

> On the other hand, it could also be that most people attend only one between ACEU and
ACNA, so maybe my concern is irrelevant.

Next: Helping with ApacheCon EU (community edition) http://apachecon.eu/