From Nóirín Plunkett <noi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ACNA pricing [was:apachecon eu speaker subsidies]
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 07:31:05 GMT
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 12:20 AM, Steve Holden <steve@holdenweb.com> wrote:
> On Sep 12, 2012, at 2:48 AM, Nóirín Plunkett wrote:
>

>> FWIW, I was surprised at the corporate level tickets: especially when
>> there's an individual level, I would have thought the corporate could
>> go up a little higher. If a measured increase in that allowed us to
>> have free speaker tickets/sub-$300-committer-tickets, I would be
>> strongly in favour.
>>
> I'm sure you would, but corporations have budgets too, you know.

And even at a moderate increase over your figures, they'd be coming in
well under-budget based on previous years :-)

Like I said, we've been burnt before with "experiments" that turned
into unalterable assumptions for every later year, and I'm keen that
we avoid that here.

ApacheCon must be affordable for non-corporate speakers, IMO, and it
doesn't make sense to start arguing it much before we have real
numbers to look at.

Noirin