From Nóirín Plunkett <noi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: apachecon eu speaker subsidies
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 05:12:20 GMT
On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 9:03 PM, Steve Holden <steve@holdenweb.com> wrote:
> On Sep 10, 2012, at 11:52 PM, Nóirín Plunkett wrote:
>
>> It's your job, IMO, to tell us when talking-time is up, and to decide
>> what the right thing to do is even if a handful of us disagree with
>> you :-) But I appreciate the opportunity to talk about it and work
>> together to try and find an optimal, not merely a reasonable,
>> solution!
>>
> Well the site will be published some time this week, but without prices initially.

Excellent! Looking forward to it :-)

> The point of The Open Bastion's business is to forge new ways of working profitably with
open source communities to our common benefit. So I try to regards us as partners with our
clients rather than just as a supplier, and even (to some extent) expect to become a part
of the communities we serve.

> So it wouldn't be very productive to issue arbitrary fiats. You might find I have a marked
preference for solutions that don't exceed the current planned costs for speaker support ...

At some point, someone has to make a decision :-) But I think we're
agreed on a distaste for arbitrary fiats, and a preference for
reasonable budgeting.

A quick search of my email is failing to turn up the planned
costs/budget sheet. Would you mind re-sharing, or giving me a pointer?
Sorry!

Thanks!

Noirin