From Nóirín Plunkett <noi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ACNA pricing [was:apachecon eu speaker subsidies]
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 07:44:58 GMT
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 12:37 AM, Marcel Offermans
<marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:
> On Sep 12, 2012, at 9:20 AM, Steve Holden <steve@holdenweb.com> wrote:

>>> No worries. It's just a bit hard to have a reasonable discussion
>>> without that :-)
>>>
>>> FWIW, I was surprised at the corporate level tickets: especially when
>>> there's an individual level, I would have thought the corporate could
>>> go up a little higher. If a measured increase in that allowed us to
>>> have free speaker tickets/sub-$300-committer-tickets, I would be
>>> strongly in favour.
>>
>> I'm sure you would, but corporations have budgets too, you know.
>
> The "problem" I have with the distinction between individuals and corporations is that
Apache has always been all about individuals. Companies cannot even join. Therefore I think
it would be strange to suddenly make such a distinction for ACNA and I'm curious what others
think about this.

I understand your difficulty with the language, but I think the
concept is sound. At the current levels, I can't see anyone coming to
the conference without *some* business footing the bill (even if it's
a sole contractor who can write it off as a business expense.)

I hope that the committer tickets and speaker situation will allow
some people to come without it being a business expense, but if not,
it will still be an interesting experiment.

Noirin