From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: apachecon eu speaker subsidies
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 03:00:43 GMT
Hi,

> Presumably you regard increasing the cost of the tickets for non-speakers as an acceptable
result of this policy?

Currently I'm not even sure what (if anything) is covered for speakers.

I've not been involved in the planning of the conference budget so not really qualified to
say. I would hope that the existing price structure meant that speaker tickets were covered.
As the prices have already been announces I can't see it would be fair to change them.

In my experience most conferences cover a free ticket (and usually accommodation). I do know
a few conferences that don't do this their ticket prices usually reflect that. ApacheCon is
a little different in that attendees (and potential speakers) can apply for assistance from
the TAC.

My question was more so I organise a few things (eg flights from Sydney Australia - they tend
to get more expensive the longer you wait.)

Thanks,
Justin