From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: ACNA pricing [was:apachecon eu speaker subsidies]
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 07:37:16 GMT
On Sep 12, 2012, at 9:20 AM, Steve Holden <steve@holdenweb.com> wrote:
> On Sep 12, 2012, at 2:48 AM, Nóirín Plunkett wrote:

>>> Sorry, we just haven't got that far down the road yet.
>>
>> No worries. It's just a bit hard to have a reasonable discussion
>> without that :-)
>>
>> FWIW, I was surprised at the corporate level tickets: especially when
>> there's an individual level, I would have thought the corporate could
>> go up a little higher. If a measured increase in that allowed us to
>> have free speaker tickets/sub-$300-committer-tickets, I would be
>> strongly in favour.
>
> I'm sure you would, but corporations have budgets too, you know.

The "problem" I have with the distinction between individuals and corporations is that Apache
has always been all about individuals. Companies cannot even join. Therefore I think it would
be strange to suddenly make such a distinction for ACNA and I'm curious what others think
about this.

Greetings, Marcel