From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: apachecon eu speaker subsidies
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 13:31:52 GMT

On Jul 30, 2012, at 1:35 PM, Leif Hedstrom wrote:

>> * Free tickets for all speakers?
>
> +1. Honestly, I think not providing free conference tickets for all speakers is a little
weak. This should not include any training sessions of course.

I'm a little reluctant, as a long-time organizer of this conference, to even answer this question.
Asking the speakers' opinion on financial arrangements, at this late date, seems like a bikeshed
waiting to happen.

I will say, however, that I have never, in all my years of speaking, had to pay admission
to a conference at which I was speaking.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen