From Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>
Subject Re: apachecon eu speaker subsidies
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 14:19:44 GMT
On Sep 11, 2012, at 9:31 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:

> On Jul 30, 2012, at 1:35 PM, Leif Hedstrom wrote:
>
>>> * Free tickets for all speakers?
>>
>> +1. Honestly, I think not providing free conference tickets for all speakers is a
little weak. This should not include any training sessions of course.

> I'm a little reluctant, as a long-time organizer of this conference, to even answer this
question. Asking the speakers' opinion on financial arrangements, at this late date, seems
like a bikeshed waiting to happen.

> I will say, however, that I have never, in all my years of speaking, had to pay admission
to a conference at which I was speaking.

So you have never spoken at OSCON, DjangoCon, or PyCon, to name but three?