From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: ACNA pricing [was:apachecon eu speaker subsidies]
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 07:53:48 GMT
On Sep 12, 2012, at 9:44 AM, Nóirín Plunkett <noirin@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 12:37 AM, Marcel Offermans
> <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:

>>> I'm sure you would, but corporations have budgets too, you know.
>>
>> The "problem" I have with the distinction between individuals and corporations is
that Apache has always been all about individuals. Companies cannot even join. Therefore I
think it would be strange to suddenly make such a distinction for ACNA and I'm curious what
others think about this.

> I understand your difficulty with the language, but I think the
> concept is sound. At the current levels, I can't see anyone coming to
> the conference without *some* business footing the bill (even if it's
> a sole contractor who can write it off as a business expense.)
>
> I hope that the committer tickets and speaker situation will allow
> some people to come without it being a business expense, but if not,
> it will still be an interesting experiment.

I like Bertrand's way of wording it, and I definitely agree with the concept. In fact I see
it as a level in between the normal ticket price and applying for help with TAC (which I assume
we will still have for ACNA).

Greetings, Marcel