From Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>
Subject Re: apachecon eu speaker subsidies
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 04:03:03 GMT
On Sep 10, 2012, at 11:52 PM, Nóirín Plunkett wrote:

> It's your job, IMO, to tell us when talking-time is up, and to decide
> what the right thing to do is even if a handful of us disagree with
> you :-) But I appreciate the opportunity to talk about it and work
> together to try and find an optimal, not merely a reasonable,
> solution!

Well the site will be published some time this week, but without prices initially.

Even after prices are published there is plenty of time to decide speaker discounts.

The point of The Open Bastion's business is to forge new ways of working profitably with open
source communities to our common benefit. So I try to regards us as partners with our clients
rather than just as a supplier, and even (to some extent) expect to become a part of the communities
we serve.

So it wouldn't be very productive to issue arbitrary fiats. You might find I have a marked
preference for solutions that don't exceed the current planned costs for speaker support ...

regards
 Steve