From Melissa Warnkin <missywarn...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: How can we help?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 20:46:55 GMT
What's the status of getting the Sinsheim info up on the website under venue & area tab?

Thanks,
~M

--

________________________________
 From: Steve Holden <steve@holdenweb.com>
To: Melissa Warnkin <missywarnkin@yahoo.com>
Cc: "apachecon-discuss@apache.org" <apachecon-discuss@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:52 AM
Subject: Re: AW: How can we help?

I've put it under

  http://apachecon.eu/heidelberg/

and it's now linked from the "Venue & Area" nav item. We really want the Sinsheim information
separated from the accommodation if we can, I think. Anyone? I'm just about to get on a train.

On Sep 24, 2012, at 3:30 PM, Melissa Warnkin wrote:

This is fantastic - thank you so much!!

>Steve, can you put this up on the website?
>

>Thanks,
>~Melissa
>

>--
>

>________________________________

a MS-Word document to this mail.
>You will find a few lines on the Heidelberg pedestrian zone with all there is to it.
>Also I worked out some nightlife locations, such as discos and bars.

 help?

some gaps that need filling on the "where to go in Sinsheim" page:  http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/WhereToGoInSinsheim.%C2%A0>

It's certainly worth putting the hotel details you have gathered up straight away, so I am
doing at least that. The accommodation stuff can just follow the hotel information.

>Perhaps we should think about adding a further link to the navigation bar for the social
side - we can hang menus off the navbar fairly easily, so we just need to invent a suitable
name and menu. For example:

>In The Area
>-- Restaurants, Cafés, Bars
>-- Transport
>-- Nightlife
>and so on.
>
>[Update]
>
>OK, I just finished updating both the home page (I was tasked with adding important dates,
please check I
 got the right versions) and the accommodation page.

>Please give them the once-over and tell me of any needed corrections.
>
>And keep up the good work! I am sure we can happily sponsor a weekend trip to Sinsheim
for a few locals if they can do research for content that will help delegates.

>regards
>Steve
>
>On Aug 29, 2012, at 3:16 PM, Melissa Warnkin wrote:
>
>> Hey Christian,
>>
>> I hope this email finds you well! Please excuse me if I have missed an update on
this, but I just wanted to follow up with you to see if you and your colleagues have had a
chance to provide more local information?

>> Please advise.  Thank you so much!!
>>
>> ~Melissa

drink, chat, party, etc. for Sinsheim, Heidelberg, Mannheim.
>> There is already some stuff on http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/WhereToGoInSinsheim,
we can further extend this.
>> We will try to get in touch with organizers of some other local events and guys from
university to get some further feedback.
>> For Mannheim this will be no problem, we will also try to find someone for Sinsheim.
>> Also two of my colleagues are from Heidelberg.
>> On
 Monday we'll all sit together about what we can do.
>> How quickly should information be on the wiki?

places to go and things to do in and around Sinsheim.
>> If you feel like you are able to contribute some of your local knowledge about Mannheim
then that would be excellent. We would be able to get you write credentials for the wiki.

>> Thanks
>>
>> Lewis
>>
>> [0] http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/WhereToGoInSinsheim
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Christian Beil <c.beil@scarus.de> wrote:
>> > Ok thanks, Melissa. I'm looking forward to it.
>> >
>> > Christian

 Christian.  I trust someone will respond to your inquiry as soon as they can.

>> > ~Melissa

 can do that, where do you need most support?

(and much more) through the web http://oreillyschool.com/ Conferences and technical event
management at http://theopenbastion.com/

--

Next: Helping with ApacheCon EU (community edition) http://apachecon.eu/