From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: space for infra meetup
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 21:29:14 GMT
On Wed, 15 Aug 2012, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> dsh wrote on Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 11:33:57 +0200:
>> Closest airports are probably Stuttgart (STR), Frankfurt (FRA) and
>> Baden Airpark (FKB). STR is The latter isn't an international airport
>> so you would have in transit transfers. According to google maps STR
>> is the closest one to Sinsheim. In regards to closeness I wonder what
>> it means to you...
>
> If the meetup is Fri/Sat and I have a flight home at 10pm, I would need
> to leave the meetup sufficiently early to catch the flight.  The
> distance to the airport directly affects this.

With that in mind, I'd suggest you think about holding the meetup in
Heidelberg. It's about 30 minutes on the train from Sinsheim, where the
conference will be, and a direct train to Frankfurt airport (and I think
Stuttgart too?)

There are loads of hotels in Heidelberg, and some hostels, plus lots of
restaurants / bars / cafes etc. It also has a number of universitites, so
there's a chance we might be able to arrange some space for the meetup
there, if that'd be of interest. (I think some people on the list have
contacts with some of the Unis?)

Nick