From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Venue visit ApacheCon EU Sinsheim Notes
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2012 18:08:30 GMT
On Sat, 4 Aug 2012, Lewis John Mcgibbney wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 4:56 PM, Nick Burch <nick@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, 3 Aug 2012, Ross Gardler wrote:
>> My requests for help with announcements have largely fallen on deaf ears :(
>
> How many announcements have to be done? What is the format? Where can I
> begin? Are there more members required to join the Apache events PMC...
> maybe a recruitment boost is required here?

Currently, the only one outstanding is the TAC announcement. Are you able
to help draft that? If so, please send it through to the travel-assistance
list for a quick review then it'll go out.

(There have been others needed, requests for help were sent here, but
these have eventually been written by either myself or Sally)

> What positions do we still need covered? I would like to help out here
> but don't know which positions are still vacant? Either big data or
> NoSQL chair would be my preference if this position was available.

You can see the track chairs details here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgZqERZgbUeSdF9xcFdpNkp2UWNLUThxX3NYc1pZWnc#gid=0

NoSQL is currently short a 2nd, and the Encore half day track needs
someone too if it can do. The combination of Big Data and NoSQL is quite
possibly going to be multiple sessions and/or multiple days, so we could
maybe also use some extra volunteers on that as it'll be more work than
others.

We're also after someone to help on the sponsor liason front, if that's
something you have experience with / interest in working on?

> W.r.t previous TAC roles e.g. recording, gathering presentations. doing
> time on Apache stand, etc. I will also be bouncing around for all of
> these when the conference comes around but any position I am able to
> participate in pre-conference please let me know.

Great, thanks! We will certainly have a number of areas on the ground that
need help. For now, the main focus is on the pre-conference tasks that
need help

Nick