From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Venue visit ApacheCon EU Sinsheim Notes
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2012 15:56:15 GMT
On Fri, 3 Aug 2012, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Can I suggest that it is long past time for separating out these issues
> and tasking appropriate volunteers for driving things forwards. We need
> a planning time. We need regular calls to make sure things are not being
> dropped.

Do we have any volunteers who'd be on these calls though?

We've had some luck with getting volunteers to sign up as track chairs,
though we've had quite a few emails from people surprised that their
favourite area hasn't magically happened due to a lack of volunteers. So,
it hasn't been as promising as we'd hoped. Quite a few of the "likely
suspects" have agreed to help with this.

We've had excellent luck with getting people to help with investigating
hotels, site visits etc, and generally working to supply local knowledge.

My requests for help with announcements have largely fallen on deaf ears
:(

My request for help with sponsorship have gone no-where :(

A lot of other requests to help have gone no-where. Not meaning to pick on
you, but I notice that you've still not supplied a description for your
track, and you're not the only one :/

Quite a few people have explicitly said they won't be able to help out

Maybe we should turn this around:

Who is able to take on a significant role with ApacheCon Europe, who
hasn't already signed up for a role such as track chair? And what sort of
role might interest you?

Thanks
Nick