From Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>
Subject Re: Access to proposals (was Re: To extend or not...)
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 14:51:29 GMT
Happy to grant karma now I'm awake again. Please note that reviewer karma is only available
to those who already have an account in the review system. Working through the spreadsheet
the first four track chairs had no account - at least, not under their apache.org address.
So I decided to ask here for them to all create accounts. Had they opened these accounts earlier
you'd have at least been able to log in and see the proposals that had come in to date.

On Aug 7, 2012, at 5:40 AM, Nick Burch wrote:

> (I had thought that we were going to welcome reviews from everyone, with track chairs
having the final say, but I guess that isn't going to be possible with the setup)

Why not?

There's no reason why others shouldn't be added as reviewers too. The more the merrier, wouldn't
you say? So unless there's a reason why the shouldn't, I'd encourage the track chairs (whom
I will invite momentarily) to invite others to become reviewers. People are inhibited from
reviewing their own submissions.

If you want to be a reviewer (tell your friends!) you just have to ask. Give me the email
address you are registered with at apachecon.eu and I will invite you. Once invited you are
free to invite other reviewers whose opinions will help shape the conference.

regards
 Steve