From Donald Harbison <dpharbi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Access to proposals (was Re: To extend or not...)
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 16:33:32 GMT
On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Steve Holden <steve@holdenweb.com> wrote:

> Happy to grant karma now I'm awake again. Please note that reviewer karma
> is only available to those who already have an account in the review
> system. Working through the spreadsheet the first four track chairs had no
> account - at least, not under their apache.org address. So I decided to
> ask here for them to all create accounts. Had they opened these accounts
> earlier you'd have at least been able to log in and see the proposals that
> had come in to date.

> On Aug 7, 2012, at 5:40 AM, Nick Burch wrote:
>
> > (I had thought that we were going to welcome reviews from everyone, with
> track chairs having the final say, but I guess that isn't going to be
> possible with the setup)
> >
> Why not?
>
> There's no reason why others shouldn't be added as reviewers too. The more
> the merrier, wouldn't you say? So unless there's a reason why the
> shouldn't, I'd encourage the track chairs (whom I will invite momentarily)
> to invite others to become reviewers. People are inhibited from reviewing
> their own submissions.

I believe there are several other volunteers in the Apache OpenOffice
project who wish to help out and review CFP submissions, and work on other
areas. I'll get back here with confirmed names.

> If you want to be a reviewer (tell your friends!) you just have to ask.
> Give me the email address you are registered with at apachecon.eu and I
> will invite you. Once invited you are free to invite other reviewers whose
> opinions will help shape the conference.

OK, I logged off my ACE account where I was registered as
dpharbison@gmail.com, and signed up a new account pointing to
dpharbison@apache.org ... please grant me karma to become a reviewer.

Thanks!