From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Anyone able to do an ApacheCon Europe 1 page flyer?
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 16:19:11 GMT
On 23 August 2012 16:40, Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibbney@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 3:42 PM, Steve Holden <steve@holdenweb.com> wrote:
>> The graphic theme is terrific. I would suggest that there as (also?) a need
>> for something that compels rather than merely attracts.

>> This isn't easy (and depends on the target demographic, to a certain
>> extent), but we need to figure out how to add readable verbiage without
>> distracting from the impact of the graphic. Then we need to decide what the
>> verbiage should say.
>
> Please fire away with suggestions folks and I can get it sorted tomorrow

Here's a starter:

  - Did you know that The ASF ranks as the most influential Open
Source organization over the past decade?
http://www.sdtimes.com/link/36666 (should us an s.apache.org address)

  - XX sesions at ApacheCon will show you why our 100+ projects are
world leaders

  - At ApacheCon you can learn how to benfit from and contribute to
our free software

Sally has loads of real "did you know" facts if we don't like that one.

Ross