From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Venue visit ApacheCon EU Sinsheim Notes
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2012 16:30:16 GMT
Hi Nick,

Building on the positives. Some of this stuff I can/would like to help
with are below

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 4:56 PM, Nick Burch <nick@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Aug 2012, Ross Gardler wrote:

> My requests for help with announcements have largely fallen on deaf ears :(

How many announcements have to be done? What is the format? Where can
I begin? Are there more members required to join the Apache events
PMC... maybe a recruitment boost is required here?

> Who is able to take on a significant role with ApacheCon Europe, who hasn't
> already signed up for a role such as track chair? And what sort of role
> might interest you?

What positions do we still need covered? I would like to help out here
but don't know which positions are still vacant? Either big data or
NoSQL chair would be my preference if this position was available.
W.r.t previous TAC roles e.g. recording, gathering presentations.
doing time on Apache stand, etc. I will also be bouncing around for
all of these when the conference comes around but any position I am
able to participate in pre-conference please let me know.

Thanks
Lewis