From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Venue visit ApacheCon EU Sinsheim Notes
Date Sun, 05 Aug 2012 13:07:45 GMT
Hi Nick

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 7:08 PM, Nick Burch <nick@apache.org> wrote:

> Currently, the only one outstanding is the TAC announcement. Are you able to
> help draft that? If so, please send it through to the travel-assistance list
> for a quick review then it'll go out.

Certainly I am able to do this today. Do you have a link to other such
announcements so I can get a feel for scope and content? Thank you

> You can see the track chairs details here:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgZqERZgbUeSdF9xcFdpNkp2UWNLUThxX3NYc1pZWnc#gid=0
>
> NoSQL is currently short a 2nd, and the Encore half day track needs someone
> too if it can do. The combination of Big Data and NoSQL is quite possibly
> going to be multiple sessions and/or multiple days, so we could maybe also
> use some extra volunteers on that as it'll be more work than others.

I see the spreadsheet is immutable. Please put me down for NoSQL 2nd
chair. Also can you also please add Apache Gora to either Big Data or
NoSQL. It's a bit of a tough one here as Gora covers technologies and
subjects common to both tracks. If I am able to obtain write karma
then I can make these changes myself. Then of course put me down for
Encore session as well. I have no problems with this also.

> We're also after someone to help on the sponsor liason front, if that's
> something you have experience with / interest in working on?

I need to be honest here and say that I'm in no mans land w.r.t this.
Taking on a formal role and not knowing what I'm doing is probably not
the best thing for me.

> Great, thanks! We will certainly have a number of areas on the ground that
> need help. For now, the main focus is on the pre-conference tasks that need
> help

No hassle at all. Apologies for stepping in later on that I had
originally planned. If you can answer the above then I'll get to work
ASAP.

Thanks
Lewis