From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Travel assistance for EU 2012
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 07:19:37 GMT
Hi Nick, All,

I believe that the first full paragraph of
https://tac-apply.apache.org/should be reworded. Currently it states;

The Travel Assistance Committee is looking for people who would like to be
able to attend AC-EU-2012 who need some financial support in order to get
there. There are VERY few places available and the criteria is high, that
aside applications are open to all open source developers who feel that
their attendance would benefit themselves, their project(s), the ASF and
open source in general.

But that doesn't ring well.

I believe it should be something along the line of:

The Travel Assisting Committee support people who intend to attend the
ApacheCon EU 2012 event, by covering (some of) the cost involved. Of course
its budget is limited and acceptance criteria are high. However,
application for financial support is open  to all open source developers,
who feel that their participation in the event would benefit the ASF, their
project(s) and open source in general.

I will look at the rest later today.

Regards,

Pierre