From Melissa Warnkin <missywarn...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Update on local info??...Re: AW: How can we help?
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 21:04:46 GMT
Thanks, Steve and Christian! It's coming along quite nicely; however, there are still some
gaps that need filling on the "where to go in Sinsheim" page:  http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/WhereToGoInSinsheim.
Please refer to the page for the areas that are missing.

Can we have anyone else volunteer to help with the local information, please??!!

Thank you so much!!

~Melissa

________________________________
 From: Steve Holden <steve@holdenweb.com>
To: planners@apachecon.com
Cc: "apachecon-discuss@apache.org" <apachecon-discuss@apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 5:23 AM
Subject: Re: Update on local info??...Re: AW: How can we help?

Christian:

I am currently combing the Wiki page for stuff to adapt until you flesh your notes out. It's
certainly worth putting the hotel details you have gathered up straight away, so I am doing
at least that. The accommodation stuff can just follow the hotel information.

Perhaps we should think about adding a further link to the navigation bar for the social side
- we can hang menus off the navbar fairly easily, so we just need to invent a suitable name
and menu. For example:

In The Area
-- Restaurants, Cafés, Bars
-- Transport
-- Nightlife
and so on.

[Update]

OK, I just finished updating both the home page (I was tasked with adding important dates,
please check I got the right versions) and the accommodation page.

Please give them the once-over and tell me of any needed corrections.

And keep up the good work! I am sure we can happily sponsor a weekend trip to Sinsheim for
a few locals if they can do research for content that will help delegates.

regards
Steve

On Aug 29, 2012, at 3:16 PM, Melissa Warnkin wrote:

> Hey Christian,
>
> I hope this email finds you well! Please excuse me if I have missed an update on this,
but I just wanted to follow up with you to see if you and your colleagues have had a chance
to provide more local information?

> Please advise.  Thank you so much!!
>
> ~Melissa

chat, party, etc. for Sinsheim, Heidelberg, Mannheim.
> There is already some stuff on http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/WhereToGoInSinsheim,
we can further extend this.
> We will try to get in touch with organizers of some other local events and guys from
university to get some further feedback.
> For Mannheim this will be no problem, we will also try to find someone for Sinsheim.
> Also two of my colleagues are from Heidelberg.
> On Monday we'll all sit together about what we can do.
> How quickly should information be on the wiki?

to go and things to do in and around Sinsheim.
> If you feel like you are able to contribute some of your local knowledge about Mannheim
then that would be excellent. We would be able to get you write credentials for the wiki.

--
Steve Holden steve@holdenweb.com,  Holden Web, LLC http://holdenweb.com/
Next:           DjangoCon US Sep 6-8, Washington DC http://djangocon.us/