From Melissa Warnkin <missywarn...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Anyone able to do an ApacheCon Europe 1 page flyer?
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 15:41:25 GMT
Thanks, Steve! I'm hoping we'll get Nick's input soon so we can make the necessary modifications
and push forward with monitoring the activities and deadlines!

Oh, yea, I'm one of the most frugal persons on earth!!

I would recommend incorporating the information from the wiki page onto the website - makes
it cleaner and more efficient, IMO.  It's just a personal preference; when I'm on a site,
it really annoys me when the site sends me to different several links, and sometimes you end
up not back to the original site you were on.

What does everyone else think?

~M

________________________________
 From: Steve Holden <steve@holdenweb.com>
To: planners@apachecon.com
Cc: "apachecon-discuss@apache.org" <apachecon-discuss@apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2012 12:45 AM
Subject: Re: Anyone able to do an ApacheCon Europe 1 page flyer?

On Aug 22, 2012, at 5:34 PM, Melissa Warnkin wrote:

Thanks, Steve.  Yea, I think we should push for one of the volunteers to do this (we have
the talent, so no sense wasting money?!!!).
Hey, I'm from Yorkshire (though now some distance from my spiritual home). If they could find
a way to wash toilet paper they probably would ... just so you know there's nothing wrong
with saving money ;-)

>WRT my updates on the time line:  this was just the first pass - I welcome, and encourage,
feedback/suggestions/etc. from the team!!

>As, indeed, do I. But I'm very glad you went in and manhandled it the way you did, because
when I posted it I tried to make it quite clear it was the output of an algorithmic process
[approximate pseudo-code: take a one-year time line and compress it down into way more than
is sensible and then ignore even those deadlines].

Seriously, you have added a much-needed contribution: you actually changed something.

regards
 Steve

PS: Glad you like the accommodations page. Given a choice I can't decide whether to link to
that wiki page or copy and paste selected content. In the Python world once something is dead
once it hits the wiki, mostly. True here too?
--

Steve Holden steve@holdenweb.com,  Holden Web, LLC http://holdenweb.com/

Python classes (and much more) through the web http://oreillyschool.com/

Conferences and technical event management at http://theopenbastion.com/