From Melissa Warnkin <missywarn...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Anyone able to do an ApacheCon Europe 1 page flyer?
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2012 19:58:36 GMT
Haven't seen anything come through on this lately.....what's the status of this? Has anyone
volunteered to do this, or would it be better suited to have Steve's marketing person do it?

~M

________________________________
 From: Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com>
To: apachecon-discuss@apache.org
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2012 3:37 AM
Subject: Re: Anyone able to do an ApacheCon Europe 1 page flyer?

Its just a standard flyer covering things like:

What, why, when, where, action

The why part is the most important. It must tell the target audience why
they should attend. For students this would be things like open source is a
great learning opportunity, open source on the cv is increasingly
important, apache is the home of world leading open source projects, this
conference will highlight many of these projects and will help newcomers
get started.

For others the focus is on how open source helps people get the job done.

The key is, IMHO, minimal text.

Ross