From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: To extend or not...
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 22:48:53 GMT
On Tue, 31 Jul 2012, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Just as an example of the importance of this, OpenOffice will pass 10M
> downloads sometime today. This will create a good amount of press buzz
> within the AOO community. It's an ideal time for the AOO PPMC to push
> the conference and the AOO track there.

Great! Hopefully the deadline extension will help them (and others!) to
build a great track for their community

> However, without any understanding of the current state of play in terms
> of talk submissions, deadlines etc. it is hard for the team to come up
> with a sufficiently upbeat message that matches reality.

Steve - in the absence of the review functionality being live yet, are you
able to do an export of the current submissions for the track chairs? Or
is this something that Eldarion can quickly do for us?

(I don't think we want them to take lots of time out of fixing up /
enabling the review funtionality to do this, but if it's a quick export
then that'd be great)

Failing that, the admin interface would let us take screenshots of the
proposal overview for each track, which include the title and the speaker.
It may almost be enough to go on, but I figure an export would be best if
possible!

Thanks
Nick