From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Messaging track
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:27:16 GMT
On Tue, 24 Jul 2012, Steve Holden wrote:
> On Jul 24, 2012, at 12:27 AM, Sagara Gunathunga wrote:
>> +1 for "Messaging and Integration" track other than Apache Etch
>> project we have few more projects to submit proposals under this
>> category and it's hard to submit them under Camel track.
>
> Is it really a good idea to start messing about with the tracks at this
> stage? The CfP has been published. There was a discussion period. Won't
> changing hte tracks just murky the waters?

I think we need to be very careful about changes, certainly. In some cases
we may be able to broaden slightly a track's scope, or perhaps add another
one (though we're a bit short on rooms to do much of that....), but we do
want to check that both communities are happy with the idea first!

> This is valuable experience: I had thought the ASF was cohesive enough
> that each project would have received a notice that alerted them to the
> fact that tracks for ACEY were being discussed. Maybe that's not the way
> it works.

received a notice != acted on a notice....

All TLPs and podlings were notified, but not all responded. I think some
projects had assumed that suitable tracks would appear without volunters,
while this time we've been a bit stricter about tracks needing to have at
least one volunteer as a track chair.

(We've been bitten in the past by "orphan" tracks, with good talks but not
enough community involement, and no-one to interface between the
planners and the projects, which is one of the reasons why the track chair
was promoted from recommended to required this time round)

Nick