From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon EU Event, website and interest measurement
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2012 12:13:06 GMT
On Sun, 22 Jul 2012, Pierre Smits wrote:
> Would it be a neat feature if we would have some kind of 'like'
> mechanism available in the site of the event for each track, so we all
> could form our thoughts on how interested the public (intended
> audience?) is for each track?

I think the planned way to gauge that is by the number of submissions for
a track, and on the ratings given to talk proposals in it.

I believe that the ability for people who have submitted talk proposals to
rate other talks should be coming this week, but Steve can perhaps
confirm? (The website software supports it, it needs a few tweaks before
it can go live). If you've experienced the PyCon CFP before, then I'm told
it'll be much the same process

> Also, would it possible to show for each track how many papers have been
> submitted as well? This could help the audience and ourselves (PTC et
> all) with planning?

You should be able to see that in the review process when it's live

Nick