From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon EU and presentation recording
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 12:35:25 GMT
On Wed, 18 Jul 2012, Pierre Smits wrote:
> In our project the question was raised whether presentations are going
> to be recorded and shown on e.g. a YouTube channel for those community
> members who can't make it to the event.

I'm hoping we'll be able to record the sound, similar to what we did at
ApacheCon NA 2011. One of the questions for the site visit is to check
that we'll be able to hook our existing recorders up to the sound systems,
and if we'll need to get any new cables.

Video recording would be nice, but probably not something we've got the
budget to cover ourselves. If we wanted it, then I think we'd either need
to find a company who'd do it for us, or a volunteer group. If there are
volunteers interested in seeing videoing happen, then I can point you at
people who've done other tech conferences in Germany who might be able to
offer advice/contacts. Don't suppose you'd be interested in heading this
up Pierre, would you? :)

Cheers
Nick