From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: ACEU website live! Announcements due soon...
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 11:35:55 GMT
On Tue, 17 Jul 2012, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>> Do you really intend to close the CFP on August 3rd already? It seems a
>> rather short period of time to be honest.
>
> Additionally it is holiday time. Usually the CFP gets extended probably
> we shouldn't worry too much. Probably till a a few days before 19th
> August, no?

We are a bit constrained by needing to get a program out and announced
with enough time for non-speaker people to decide if they want to come or
not. (Ideally we would have had a longer CFP, but getting the CFP open
took longer than planned, and we can't really compress the post-CFP stuff
much as the conference date isn't moving....)

Would extending the CFP deadline make that much of a difference? We could
push it a tiny bit if needed, but not by much, and we'd need to decide
that ASAP before we send out too many more announcements. I would have
thought that most people who might speak will decide fairly quickly, and a
longer CFP just means they put of submitting for a long time (and maybe
miss it...) Is that not the case?

Nick