From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: ACEU Venue Visit - Thursday 26th July
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 12:47:07 GMT
On Tue, 10 Jul 2012, David Nalley wrote:
>> - Internet capacity (actual not claimed - my experience is they are
>> often wildly different - especially when hit with 300 bandwidth hungry
>> hackers)
>
> Lots of detail here:
> How much bandwidth, how many Access Points, etc. Basically we need to
> know can and if we need to supplement the number of APs.

Any chance you could put this into the wiki page?
    http://wiki.apache.org/concom-planning/ACEU12SiteVisit

> Most venues aren't used to geek crowds, and don't understand 1-2
> powerstrips per table.

It is a SAP owned venue, so they are hopefully used to at least some level
of geeks :)

> Where do we go when the main venue kicks us out for the night?

This sort of thing is being captured elsewhere:
    http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/WereToGoInSinsheim

If you think we're missing details, please let our locals know and they
can hopefully expand as needed!

Nick