From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Tracks for ApacheCon Europe - Project Proposals needed
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 22:25:15 GMT
On Thu, 5 Jul 2012, Nick Kew wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Jul 2012 15:13:03 -0400
> Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure what the next step is. We've asked for a track, but I
>> don't know if we also have to propose the talks for it. November is
>> feeling kind of soon.
>
> "CFP soon" at
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-apachecon-discuss/201207.mbox/thread

We've volunteers lined up to help enter the tracks into the CFP system,
just as soon as the CFP system is up and ready! After that we can open the
CFP, hopefully within a few days..

> I'm also puzzled by the venue.

SAP are kindly sponsoring the venue. Because we're not having to pay for a
high end hotel, we should be able to have a lower ticket price than in the
past, and people able to come for just a day or two if that suits them
better. Please see the apachecon-discuss list archive for more info on the
thinking behind trying this.

> Sinsheim is not a big place, and the biggest hotel is about 100 rooms.
> Apart from that there are only a couple of much smaller places within
> sensible distance, unless there's something with no online presence.
> Does SAP's hosting offer include accommodation for a geek army?

People are in the process of putting advice on where to stay on the
ApacheCon wiki:
    http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/

eg http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/WereToGoInSinsheim

We welcome more input from other people who live nearby and have advice to
give!

Nick