From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: apachecon eu speaker subsidies
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 17:52:52 GMT
On Jul 30, 2012, at 19:26 , Nick Burch wrote:

> We may be able to extend that a bit further, depending on how the final costs end up
coming in at for a few things we're still waiting on. If we do have some budget spare, what
would people rather:
> * Free tickets for all speakers?
> * Keep the discount on the conference fee for all speakers, but offer to cover several
nights in one of the cheaper nearby hotels, for those speakers who aren't being covered by
their work but who also aren't eligible for TAC funding?

I would be in favor of free tickets. To be honest, I think it would be stupid to have speakers
pay for the conference. I might have missed something, but wasn't the venue completely sponsored?

Greetings, Marcel