From Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>
Subject Re: apachecon eu speaker subsidies
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 20:47:50 GMT
On Jul 30, 2012, at 4:42 PM, Pierre Smits wrote:

> If I  am correct, waiving the entrance fee diminishes (eats into) the
> revenue stream, not adding to the cost.

That depends whether you rely on the conference for income. The net effect is, anyway, the
same so this seems to be splitting hairs.

In fact I meant that to achieve that same net revenues, each €1 given as a subsidy to one
delegate must be charged to a paying user. In a conference with five tracks this could add
20-25% to the ticket price.

regards
 Steve