From Sagara Gunathunga <sagara.gunathu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Messaging track
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 09:31:45 GMT
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 2:06 PM, jean-frederic clere <jfclere@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/24/2012 10:10 AM, Steve Holden wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 24, 2012, at 12:27 AM, Sagara Gunathunga wrote:
>>
>>> +1 for "Messaging and Integration" track other than Apache Etch
>>> project we have few more projects to submit proposals under this
>>> category and it's hard to submit them under Camel track.
>>

>> Is it really a good idea to start messing about with the tracks at
>> this stage? The CfP has been published. There was a discussion
>> period. Won't changing hte tracks just murky the waters?
>

> +1
>

>> This is valuable experience: I had thought the ASF was cohesive
>> enough that each project would have received a notice that alerted
>> them to the fact that tracks for ACEY were being discussed. Maybe
>> that's not the way it works.
>

> Well it must be enforced a bit but the track chairs are always ready to
> accept "related" talks if they looks good.
> ASF is huge if someone has a project he wants to speak about he must find
> the best track that fits to the project then a discussion with the track
> chairs help to integrate the talk in the track.

Apologize for not bringing this before and probably we should not
expect track changes at this moment too ...

But we need to think that tracks need to attract more relevant
projects and higher diversity, for example BigData or NOSQL names
attracts wide audience and projects than calling "HBase and related
projects" this is the same reason I felt to think "Messaging and
Integration" is a good track proposal.

Having said I'm not expecting to make any difficulty to ongoing CFP process.

Thanks !

--
Sagara Gunathunga

Blog      - http://ssagara.blogspot.com