From Donald Harbison <dpharbi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ACEU Venue Visit - Thursday 26th July
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 18:44:12 GMT
On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 5:09 PM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com>wrote:

> On 9 July 2012 22:47, Nick Burch <nick.burch@alfresco.com> wrote:
> >
> > we're doing a venue visit on Thursday
> > 26th July
>
> Great!
>
> > For those not able to be there - what do you want to know about the
> venue?
>
> My (immediate and incomplete) list...
>
> - Room layouts (preferably with a plan)

- Possible room configurations

Knowing more about the possibility to sub-divide these huge rooms into
smaller rooms or sections would be very helpful. My observation at
ApacheCON Vancouver was that most sessions had approximately 20 - 30
attendees with some exceptions of course. These 100 person rooms seem too
large to be practical, IMHO....unless all you're content is keynote/general
sessions... :)

- Food options (in house only, outside allowed, options)
> - Capacity of room

Same concern/query as above.

> - Internet capacity (actual not claimed - my experience is they are
> often wildly different - especially when hit with 300 bandwidth hungry
> hackers)
> - audio/visual provision
> - power provision
> - accessibility (don't assume that the building being accessible will
> mean all rooms are)
> - registration area
> - reception/relaxing area

and/or hacking areas, which in Apache may be all of the same; i.e.
relaxing=hacking=meeting people.  ...so this area needs to be stocked with
water, coffee, and biscuits / fruit if possible.