From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject ApacheCon and AOO
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 09:43:57 GMT
[ooo-private please note this is cc'd apachecon-discuss which is not
private - someone on AOO needs to work with the ACEU team, Don is
there but I'm sure help would be appreciated]

We finally seem to have significant movement around ApacheCon EU. It
is therefore time to decide what AOO wants to do to support its
committers and users.

Firstly, if you have not yet submitted your talks please do so.
Nothing can happen around AOO unless there are sessions of interest.
It would be good to see this PPMC doing more than that though. This
project has run its own conferences in the past, what worked in the
past and should be repeated at ACEU? What did you always intend to try
but didn't? Nick and some others are on a site visit in the next
couple of days. They will have a feel for the flexibility in the
space, what do you need?

Secondly, the SPI money is available for this project to support AOO
conferences. Ticket prices for ACEU will be set in the near future and
people will need to start planning their travel when tickets go on
sale early in August. The Travel Assistance Committee is set up to
evaluate applications for travel assistance. Someone here needs to
take ownership of working with that committee and ensure the SPI money
is used wisely. I imagine this will mean signing up to help evaluate
applications. Volunteers please (it's already getting too late).

Thirdly, what about using some of the money for speaker support? I
suggest you do this through the TAC vehicle, this needs to be
discussed with TAC.

What have I missed? There is not long to go so no time to lose.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)