From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject To extend or not...
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 15:57:38 GMT
The deadline for submissions is in a few days. We had months of fog
and then a very short time for proposals to be submitted. This has
made it very very difficult for track chairs to drum up support -
people are on holiday, busy etc. To make things worse I don't think
track chairs are able to see who has proposed and who has not. This
makes it impossible for chairs to "gently nudge" likely candidates.

I understand that traditionally people submit their talks very close
to deadline. I also understand that we probably don't want to
pre-announce an extension. However, I think making chairs aware of
what to expect would be a good idea. Or even better letting chairs
indicate whether they feel an extension will make much of a difference
to their own tracks.

When can we give chairs some visibility into their tracks? If its not
possible to give them log-in access can we export to a spreadsheet or
something on a periodic basis (ideally daily)

When can we expect a decision on extension or not?

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)