From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: To extend or not...
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 16:00:33 GMT
Just as an example of the importance of this, OpenOffice will pass 10M
downloads sometime today. This will create a good amount of press buzz
within the AOO community. It's an ideal time for the AOO PPMC to push
the conference and the AOO track there. However, without any
understanding of the current state of play in terms of talk
submissions, deadlines etc. it is hard for the team to come up with a
sufficiently upbeat message that matches reality.

I imagine other track chairs are experiencing similar frustrations. By
giving them information we can mobilize the volunteers attached to
those tracks.

Ross

OpenDirective http://opendirective.com