From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ACEU Venue Visit - Thursday 26th July
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2012 16:52:16 GMT
This is excellent Paul

Thanks so much for sharing

Lewis

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 5:05 PM, Goetz, Paul <paul.goetz@sap.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I uploaded the pictures I took to http://people.apache.org/~pgoetz/aceu2012/ for now.
> Due to limited bandwidth of my DSL uplink, the ZIP (250MB) with all files bundled is
still in progress and will finish in about 1,5 hours (about 19:30 CET).

> As I did not receive the floor plan in an electronic version yet, I simply scanned the
printouts.
> As the Rhein-Neckar-Arena (RNA) Sinsheim is the football stadium of "Hoffenheim 1899",
parking space is more than we need.
> We will not have access to the entire stadium, only to the main building, the "Business
Club", which is "Entry West".
> In the lobby, there's the fan shop to the left (no pictures), and the press room to the
right of the entrance hall (see pictures 0xx).
> Level 1 and Level 2 are the main event areas (see the areas marked yellow in the Floorplan.pdf,
pictures 1xx and 2xx).
> Level 3 is smaller and mostly used for meetings / discussions (see pictures 3xx).
> On Level 2, there is the "SAP Loge" (where usually the IT and Orga Team is located) and
- not shown on the floor plan - the "SAP Lounge", an additional room for conferences (see
pictures 4xx).

> I tried to mark the view points for the various pictures on the last three pages of the
PDF.
> Orientation of the floor plan: Top = East, Right = North, Bottom = West, Left = South.
>
> On Level 1, there are two large areas (left/right), which can be separated by movable
walls. Each of these sections has a capacity for about 200 to 300 persons, depending on how
the seating will be arranged. Other events had a setup with about 250 persons/seats on the
right area (as key note area), using the left area for catering. The area in the middle is
for chill out, meet & greet, for smaller groups.
> Level 2 has basically the same layout, with about 180 seats capacity per area.
> Level 3 could be used for about 70 persons per area, but as you might see from the pictures,
this level is mainly used for meeting areas and for catering. For other events, it has been
mostly used for the evening events.
> The press room has a capacity for about 80 persons, the SAP Lounge for about 50 persons.
>
> Nick's assumption was something between 300 and 500 participants per day, with about
5 concurrent tracks.
> So we could have registration in the lobby, one track in the press room, the largest
track + key notes in Level 1 to the right, another track + key note video in Level 1 to the
left, one track on Level 2, and (depending estimated number of participants) the fifth track
either in the SAP Lounge or on Level 3.

--
Lewis