From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Flex
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 01:15:49 GMT
On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 5:21 AM, Mohammad Nour El-Din
<nour.mohammad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 11:14 AM, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Tools track ?
>>

> You mean the Apache Daily ?
>
> But I don't think it would be Fair for Flex to be there, I believe it
> should be in [1]. Justin what do you think ?
>
> I suggested that because there you will find Apache related projects which
> enable you to develop similar application to what you mentioned about Flex.
> Also it would be better for Flex to be there to show what it can add more
> than these other frameworks more specifically when it comes to Enterprise
> applications which I know it can do really good and even better than
> traditional Java Web Applications framework. I have seen stock-market
> monitoring applications built using Flex technology and it was awesome.
>
> Please if you still not sure that Flex should be there or in any other
> existing track, would you please suggest a new one so we can discuss it ?

Personally, I'd suggest that "ApacheEE" is a poorly chosen name.
Additionally, I think the track listing is too much - I'd suggest we
attempt to condense the tracks and follow a 5 (+-2) rule - with the
goal of each track running all days of the conference.  Is it too late
for that?  If not, I'd offer what I think is a more user-friendly
track list:

o) Search
o) Data Storage
o) Enterprise
o) Developer tooling
o) Infrastructure

Of course, four sentences ago would have been an ideal time to ask who
the primary target audience is? :)

Thanks,
--tim