From Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apachecon EU 2012 - Which Track for a middleware as Apache Etch?
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:55:54 GMT
Hi,

I'm also having difficulties getting James in any of the tracks
listed. Could fit to Apache EE or Web Infrastructure or maybe even
OFBiz. But doesn't identify itself with any of them.
I'll submit a talk about using James as a gateway for email-to-any
(twitter, XMMP, etc. ).

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Cheers,

2012/7/23 Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de>:
> Hi!
>
> Don't think that ApachEE fits good for Etch. ApachEE is focusing purely on our Java EE
core technologies stack.
> Same for Syncope, though it's much closer. Would be nice to explain the overlaps/difference
between Syncope and Shiro btw ;)

> Maybe we could have a 2nd track which supplements the ApachEE core track and showcases
the different "Enterprise Integration" scenarios.
> Maybe that would also fit to Camel and it's parts?
>
> In general: we have quite a few projects which sound like the same on the first glance,
but are heavily different at the end:
> Syncope/Shiro
> Jackrabbit/Sling
> Accumulo/Cassandra
>
> Would be interesting to better explain the differences? Not sure if this is an easy to
cover conference topic though, but I got lots of questions regarding the focus of a few projects.

--
Ioan Eugen Stan / CTO / http://axemblr.com