From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ACEU Venue Visit - Thursday 26th July
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 18:48:54 GMT
On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Nick Burch <nick.burch@alfresco.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2012, David Nalley wrote:
>> ...Most venues aren't used to geek crowds, and don't understand 1-2
>> powerstrips per table.
>
> It is a SAP owned venue, so they are hopefully used to at least some level
> of geeks :)...

Corporate geeks are often not the same as our kind of geeks...to get a
rough idea I've started to ask venues if they have "geek-proof Wifi",
and the way in which they answer the question usually tells you a lot
about what to expect - "what do you mean by geek-proof" is the first
alarm sign ;-)

-Bertrand