From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheCon EU sponsorship
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 09:30:31 GMT
On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Ross Gardler
<rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
> ....Historically track sponsorship has been a bad
> thing. Attendees don't like it (concerns over unbalanced content), PMCs
> don't like it (non-sponsoring companies are pushed out) and sponsors get
> upset that their tracks were not as well attended as others...

I agree with that - any form of sponsorship that might give the
impression that sponsors can influence the conference content is not
good.

One thing that worked well in the past AFAIK was coffee break / lunch
sponsoring - sponsors logos are seen at a happy time that has no
impact on conference content.

-Bertrand