From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon EU 2012 and Apache OFBiz
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 14:46:42 GMT
2012/7/31 Nick Burch <nick@apache.org>

> We'll need enough good sessions to fill the track, including an option for
> what to do if someone drops out. (That backup could either be another talk,
> or a pre-agreed stand-in speaker for an existing talk)

I am preparing another presentation on Manufacturing Management with OFBiz
to function as a backup presentation. So one potential drop-out is covered.

> One thing we're going to be asking all track chairs for soon, which you
> could maybe get started on, is more information on the track for potential
> attendees. The current info on the tracks page is a good start, but needs
> expanding, as on the whole the current level of detail is only suitable for
> people already involved in the projects.
>
> The lucene track have volunteered to produce the expanded descriptions
> first (they have some marketing volunteers to help), and we'll then use
> that to help guide the other tracks on what's needed. In the mean time, if
> you want to expand your track description, to help explain to people why
> they should come, that'd be a great start!

We had a discussion about track title and description as well last night.
And we agreed that it could do with an improvement. We are working on that.
But how to get the changes in? Through the google doc again?

Regards,

Pierre