From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: apachecon eu speaker subsidies
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 17:55:23 GMT
On Jul 30, 2012, at 19:49 , Steve Holden wrote:

> I realize that it may be a tradition in ApacheCon, but look at attendance numbers and
ask yourself if you want to see them going down still further. We could marginalize the conference
by keeping pricing too high.

Are the attendance numbers so low because our prices are too high? I mean I can name other
conferences that are way more expensive than ApacheCon that are doing just fine, attendance
wise (JavaOne, Øredev, …).

Greetings, Marcel