From Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>
Subject Re: Any designers in the house?
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 20:03:11 GMT
Wow, I wish I had your drafting skills. I get lost in that stuff, and my design sense isn't
that great anyway. As a designer I'ma pretty good programer ...

In design one, "Europe" is lost in the background, and the year is difficult to read. The
others seem to lose the detail to the graphic, somehow.

Though I have no say in this, I imagine the Foundation would prefer that the distinctive feather
logo was not obscured by lettering or other graphical designs.

I wonder if would it work to have

[                        ]
[      F E A T H E R     ]  EUROPE (or EU) (large lettering)
Sinsheim, Germany 5th-9th November 2012

That way the detail will be more prominent, and the Apache motif undiluted. It would also
be easier to create variants suited to specific backgrounds.

Does this help?

Oh, right: if you don't have a vector program, consider Inkscape, a very capable editor -
again, rather over my head, but I can get by.

regards
 Steve