From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: apachecon eu speaker subsidies
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 19:12:14 GMT
On 7/30/12 11:49 AM, Steve Holden wrote:
> On Jul 30, 2012, at 1:35 PM, Leif Hedstrom wrote:

>>> We may be able to extend that a bit further, depending on how the final costs
end up coming in at for a few things we're still waiting on. If we do have some budget spare,
what would people rather:
>>> * Free tickets for all speakers?
>> +1. Honestly, I think not providing free conference tickets for all speakers is a
little weak. This should not include any training sessions of course.

> The intention is to make the conference more accessible to those who don't get any support
at all. Even OSCON doesn't give speakers a free ride (each talk attracts some travel support
and one hotel night). PyCon and DjangoCon give no speaker support at all, other than to guarantee
them the Early Bird rate.

No, not asking for a free ride. But I can't think of a conference I've
spoken at (including OSCON), where I had to pay the conference
registration fee. Not providing meals for speakers is ok IMO (but, don't
count me as a vote, odds are I will unfortunately not be able to attend
AC EU).

Cheers,

-- Leif