From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: apachecon eu speaker subsidies
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 17:59:44 GMT
On 30/07/12 18:52, Marcel Offermans wrote:
> On Jul 30, 2012, at 19:26 , Nick Burch wrote:
>
>> We may be able to extend that a bit further, depending on how the final costs end
up coming in at for a few things we're still waiting on. If we do have some budget spare,
what would people rather:
>> * Free tickets for all speakers?
>> * Keep the discount on the conference fee for all speakers, but offer to cover several
nights in one of the cheaper nearby hotels, for those speakers who aren't being covered by
their work but who also aren't eligible for TAC funding?

> I would be in favor of free tickets. To be honest, I think it would be stupid to have
speakers pay for the conference. I might have missed something, but wasn't the venue completely
sponsored?

Speakers can have a free ticket if they promise not to eat anything....
;-) The venue is fully sponsored, food and other costs are not

We potentially could make the speaker tickets free, but likely at the
expense of being able to offer accommodation. For those who are likely
to be speaking and won't be having the whole lot paid for by your
employers, which is likely to matter most to you?

Nick