From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Local travel advice re TAC
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 17:55:59 GMT
On 30/07/12 18:49, Danese Cooper wrote:
> On Jul 30, 2012, at 7:29 AM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
>> The questions that this has surfaced so far are...
>>
>> - is there a place that is a suitable distance to allow such a bus
>> commute in and out
>
> Every time I visited SAP in Walldorf, I stayed in the charming university town of Heidelberg
(which is easily reachable by train from major cities) and took a taxi in (15 minutes ride)
to Walldorf.

Just so everyone's aware - the event isn't being held at SAP. It's in
Sinsheim, which is 20km down the motorway to the east, and on a
different branch of the S-Bahn out of Heidelberg. (SAP are kindly
sponsoring the venue, but it's not at their HQ, instead it's at the
Rhein-Necker Arena)

Both Sinsheim and Walldorf are about 30km from Heidelberg, and both are
on a direct S-Bahn line from Heidelberg, so I suspect that otherwise
your advice applies just as well for both! :)

Nick