From jean-frederic clere <jfcl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Messaging track
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 08:36:54 GMT
On 07/24/2012 10:10 AM, Steve Holden wrote:
> On Jul 24, 2012, at 12:27 AM, Sagara Gunathunga wrote:
>
>> +1 for "Messaging and Integration" track other than Apache Etch
>> project we have few more projects to submit proposals under this
>> category and it's hard to submit them under Camel track.
>

> Is it really a good idea to start messing about with the tracks at
> this stage? The CfP has been published. There was a discussion
> period. Won't changing hte tracks just murky the waters?

+1

> This is valuable experience: I had thought the ASF was cohesive
> enough that each project would have received a notice that alerted
> them to the fact that tracks for ACEY were being discussed. Maybe
> that's not the way it works.

Well it must be enforced a bit but the track chairs are always ready to
accept "related" talks if they looks good.
ASF is huge if someone has a project he wants to speak about he must
find the best track that fits to the project then a discussion with the
track chairs help to integrate the talk in the track.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic