From jean-frederic clere <jfcl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Flex
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 07:42:04 GMT
On 07/24/2012 03:15 AM, Tim Williams wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 5:21 AM, Mohammad Nour El-Din
> <nour.mohammad@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 11:14 AM, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Tools track ?
>>>

>> You mean the Apache Daily ?
>>
>> But I don't think it would be Fair for Flex to be there, I believe it
>> should be in [1]. Justin what do you think ?
>>
>> I suggested that because there you will find Apache related projects which
>> enable you to develop similar application to what you mentioned about Flex.
>> Also it would be better for Flex to be there to show what it can add more
>> than these other frameworks more specifically when it comes to Enterprise
>> applications which I know it can do really good and even better than
>> traditional Java Web Applications framework. I have seen stock-market
>> monitoring applications built using Flex technology and it was awesome.
>>
>> Please if you still not sure that Flex should be there or in any other
>> existing track, would you please suggest a new one so we can discuss it ?
>
> Personally, I'd suggest that "ApacheEE" is a poorly chosen name.

The idea of the track is to cover ASF JSR implementations used in EE
servers. For example a Tomcat talk on Servlet 3.0 web app would go there
while a How to configure Tomcat would go "Web Infrastructure".

Depending on the submissions the tracks are grouped to fit audience
needs and the track chair also can ask speakers to adjust talk to fit in
a track. For example "Etch as a message provider for a EE server",
instead "Etch a nice incubation projet".

Cheers

Jean-Frederic